Looking for a Community Group to Join?
Mangere Central Samoan Catholic Community
Small Ethnic Community
Tongan Catholic Community
Legion of Mary
I Want To Join A Group or Something Else?
Whether You Are New, Existing or Returning – Contact Us All Are Welcome!
MANGERE CENTRAL SAMOAN CATHOLIC COMMUNITY
There are 25 Samoan Catholic Community groups that are a sub-division of their local suburban Parish that make up the Auckland Diocese Samoan Catholic Community.
The Mangere Central Samoan Catholic Community is a sub-division of the St Anthony Parish at 20 Kirkbride Road, Mangere Bridge founded by a small group of Samoan families and parishioners in 1973 under the pastoral care of the Parish Priest and governed by a dedicated Leadership Committee.
Address: 20 Kirkbride Rd, Mangere Samoan Mass 3rd Sunday of month @ 10:30am
Are you looking for your local Samoan Catholic Community Church to attend?
Visit “The Auckland Diocese Samoan Catholic Community Nationwide Website Directory” HERE …
Our Samoan Catholic Community here at Mangere Central works to promote the spiritual and cultural enhancement of our members both young and old.
We welcome volunteers, council members, youth leaders, choir singers, gardeners and cleaners.
Since 1973 Mangere Central Samoan Catholic Community have been actively involved in Parish, Pastoral and community ministries, some of which include the following:
- Service in Liturgical Ministry: Ministry of the Word, Eucharistic and Music Ministry
- Altar Servers (St Anthony’s Parish and Malaeola Samoan Masses)
- Samoan Choir which regularly sings at Parish Masses twice a month as well as servicing other various occasions such as weddings, family services/funerals, Malaeola Samoan Masses and other Feasts, and Holy days of the Church year.
- Co-coordinating fundraising events to fund parish and Samoan community facilities and programs
- Weekly church cleaning and landscape maintenance
- Floral arrangements for the altar
- Sponsorship of a child in the West Indies through World Vision
- Hospital and home visitations to the sick in our Parish community offering prayer, support and ministering of the Eucharist
- Quarterly seminars to foster personal development and spiritual growth delivered by Parish and Samoan Community leaders
- Prayer groups
- Co-ordinate annual Christmas visitations to the sick and elderly, and gift donations.
Within our Samoan Catholic Community, we have four sub-groups, each with their own nominated Leadership committees:
- Aoga Aso Sa (Sunday School)
- Aufaipese (Choir)
- Autalavou (Youth Group)
- Autalavou Fundraising Committee
HAVE A BLESSED WEEK!